Thursday, August 30, 2007

eth

i realized today, in all my blogging, i haven't put up any pictures from my time working at eth. today is my last day here and it seems that the time (5 weeks) has really flown by. we had a biosurfaces conference here during the week that has kept me busy but we've managed to have some fun outside of the meeting and go out for dinner/drinks. tonight a formal dinner for the conference participants is being held at some really nice restaurant at the top of a hill with a great view of zurich (so i'm told). should be a nice way for me to see everyone one last time and say goodbye and thanks.

i've definitely gotten to feeling pretty comfortable here (outside of the bees) and have established a nice routine. it's been a really great experience for me, both professionally and personally. i learned a lot of new things in the lab and also made some new contacts. experienced the swiss work ethic and easily adopted espressos after lunch (see pic at right and others here). i had lots of opportunities to see more of this very pretty country. and i also met some really great and interesting and fun people with whom, hopefully, i'll stay in touch with. all in all, a really fantastic experience.
Posted by Picasa

comments:

It was, of course, great to have a visitor that was so much fun!

I'm a bit worried about all these habits you've picked up--I mean, you're going to go through some serious caffeine withdrawal in the next few weeks--you'll have to just spend the next few months trying out all the espressos in Chicago.

I am sure I will make it to Chi-town in the next year, so don't be surprised if I show up on your doorstep!

All the best,
Whittner